There are good ideas everywhere...
... and I want to find them!
This project came to life after 4 years of observation in classroom context and another 4 years of teaching. For the time being, this is a private research that in the future will become the base for a doctoral's degree.
During the research I intend to visit schools, spend some time inside of the classroom observing the group's routines and find different approaches to typical situations in the day-by-day life of teachers and students. The more variety of methods I see the better!
The main focus of this project are groups of children between the ages of 6 and 10.
During those observations I want to pay special attention to the following topics:
- Organization of the classroom
- Daily routines of the group
- Subjects taught in school (incl. extra-curricular activities)
- Management of students' behavior inside and outside of the classroom
- Integration of special needs' students
- Integration of students with different cultural backgrounds (f.e. refugies)
- Students' access to new information
- Learner engangement
- Tools used to support the learning process
- Assessment methods
After this research I want to combine the several ideas I've picked from each of the schools and create a method that will truly respond to every child and their specific needs.
In the end of it all, I hope to have written the guide lines towards creating the "ideal school", which will be shared with teachers, parents, educators and any other person involved in the child's learning process.